miércoles, 8 de septiembre de 2010

Interview

Q: What was your childhood like?
A: I spent my early years running away. Just me and my dad. There was always that empty feeling in my stomach, I knew that at any moment we'd have to leave everything behind and run as fast as possible. I guess I had some things in common with other kids. I was afraid of the dark and was scared to be alone. I didn't understand what we were running away from. All I knew was that we were going south, so we could be warm.

Q: Any worries?
A: Yes. A lot actually. As I said, we were always running. My dad was more worried though. He hardly slept at all. We never what the day would bring. Our lives depended on our luck. "If they [we] got wet there'd be no fires to dry by. If they [we] got wet, they [we] would probably die." p15

Q: How was your relationship with your dad?
A: We depended on each other. He was everything to me; I was everything to him. I knew he was trying to take care of me and he didn't really have a choice. The situation we were in was very complicated so I tried to be the best kid possible.


Q: Your childhood wasn't what we would call typical. You never mentioned other kids, parks, pets, candy... Do you think having such a different childhood from so many other people make you different?
A: What other people?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario