martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

Thou See Therefore Thou Love

Oh how familiar dost this seem,
A love growth from what eyes may see.
This tale thus tell us of two knights,
Called were these men Palamoun and Arcite.
Both shared some similarities:
Cousins, prisoners and most importantly,
From only, and just only sight,
They fell in love with all their might
Of beautiful, young Emelye,
Whom Palamoun saw first and quod he:

"This prison caused me nat for to crye,
But I was hurt right now thurghout myn ye
Into myn herte, that wol my bane be.
The fairnesse of that lady that I see
Yond in the gardyn romen to and fro
Is cause of al my criyng and my wo." (1095-1100)

So I beseech thou to recall,
A similar tale, of this thou shall.
'Tis Romeo, a dear fere of his,
For he too loved another miss.

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."

(Romeo and Juliet Scene V.)

Oh fellows, as described above,
These men shall see, therefore shall love.
How can it be that love come from thine eye?
Not a word been spoken yet thou love just fine.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario